About Self Assessments
Self Assessments is a formative assessment tool that enables you to provide students with a series of questions and immediate feedback for responses. Question types available are similar to quizzes, however, student responses are not graded and self assessment questions do not have a points value or difficulty level indication. The omission of numeric evaluation enables students to make reflective learning and unit material comprehension their main priorities during a self assessment.
You can set up self assessments as part of your unit's instructional sequence by creating quicklink topics to self assessments in Content. You can also set up quicklinks to self assessments from other places in the unit such as in News or Events.
Each self assessment belongs to a single unit and cannot be shared among other units unless you copy your unit material into another unit. See Copying unit components between org units to learn how to duplicate and share self assessments between unit offerings.
Access the Self Assessments tool
Do one of the following:
For more information click the Help Topics tab
Self Assessments help topics
- Introducing Quizzes, Self-Assessments & Surveys
- Creating self assessments
- Managing self assessments
- Creating self assessment questions
- Importing self assessment questions
- Managing self assessment questions
- Creating self assessment sections
- Creating random sections in self assessments
- Creating and managing self assessment categories
- Quicklinking self assessments to unit content