Introducing VU Collaborate Home
VU Collaborate Home is your starting point when you log in. It is where you can access your Spaces, organisation-level content, and other available resources.
The minibar at the top of the screen is always available to you.
- VU Collaborate Home – clicking here will bring you back to the VU Collaborate homepage
- Space/Unit Selector - your spaces are listed in the space selector
- Message alerts – email, instant messages, My ePortfolio invitations
- Updates – new and updated news posts, due dates, grades, and My ePortfolio item
- Subscription alerts – new discussion posts and My ePortfolio subscription notifications
Note: If you have unread alerts, a red circle appears on the appropriate alert icon
- Personal menu – click here to adjust your notification settings and to logout
- Information – contains Help resources, links to ITS service desk, Library and other resources
VU Collaborate Home Widgets
On the VU Collaborate homepage you see:
- My Spaces widget – links to all of your spaces
- News widget – displays news from all your spaces plus organisational news
- My ePortfolio widget – links to your ePortfolio
The Navigation Bar (Navbar)
The navbar is made up of 6 dropdown menus that link to all the tools and features of VU Collaborate; it is available to navigate from wherever you are in the Space.
- Title of your Space
- Navbar – click on each menu to access tools and features
- Quicklinks: View Content, View User Progress and View Grades
Space Homepage Widgets
- News items that you have posted in this particular Space
- Updates widget – provides updates of new discussion posts, assessments submissions and more
- Calendar widget - Send your students reminders
- User links – add useful links for you and your students
- Role Switch – use this tool to get a student view of the Space
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license