Introducing VU Collaborate My ePortfolio
Everyone with a VU Collaborate account has access to My ePortfolio which is a personal portfolio tool for storing, organising, reflecting on and sharing items that are relevant to your learning. Using the My ePortfolio tool you and your students can:
- Upload documents, graphics, audio and video files
- Create reflections and presentations
- Share items with peers, mentors, potential employers and give them permission to view, edit or add comments to items
- Tag items so they are easily searchable
- Submit ePortfolio items to Assessment Dropboxes for formal assessments
- Import assessment results to My ePortfolio to keep as a personal record of learning
|Artefact||An artefact may be a document, graphic, audio file, video file, presentation, or other form of digital media.|
|Collection||Collections are groups of artefacts, reflections, presentations, and learning objectives.|
|Reflection||Reflections are for recording your thoughts, setting goals, and thinking critically about your learning.|
|Presentation||Presentations let you compile portfolio items in a web project to showcase your achievements.|
Finding My ePortfolio
Access My ePortfolio by clicking the View My ePortfolio quicklink on the VU Collaborate homepage, or from within any Space under the Tools menu.
VU Collaborate Homepage
My ePortfolio Features
Navigating to My ePortfolio brings you to your newsfeed. The newsfeed consolidates recent activity on items that have been shared with you as well as your items if they have been recently edited, commented on, or assessed. If you contribute a comment, an edit, or an assessment to another user's item, that item is also tracked in the newsfeed.
- ePortfolio tab – places you on the ePortfolio newsfeed
- New and Upload menus – to add web links, media or presentations and to upload files, results from your course, learning objectives and import or export your ePortfolio
- Write Reflections on your learning
- Filter by – allows you to easily search items
- Your most recent ePortfolio items with relevant icons: webpage, personal reflection and web presentation
- Comments field – to comment on the ePortfolio artefact
- Settings – adjust the display, newsfeed, RRS feeds and sharing settings
- Unread Invites widget displays your ePortfolio invites
My Items Features
My Items consolidates all of your digital artefacts, reflections, presentations, collections, and learning objectives into a single view, enabling you to view, search, and manage all of your content from one location.
- My Items tab
- Add My ePortfolio content by clicking the New or Upload menus
- More Actions – import/export items, delete items or add items to a presentation or collection
In the Explore tab you can filter the artefacts using the Filter by options.
Sharing Groups Features
Sharing Groups allows you to set sharing permissions for a group. Sharing permissions allow you to control who can view your items, see and add comments, see and add assessments and even edit that item. You can create Sharing Groups for an individual or for all participants in a particular unit or group. The same participant can belong to multiple Sharing Groups with different permissions
- Sharing Groups tab
- Create a New Sharing Group
- Name of Sharing Groups you have already created
Tip: You can easily create a sharing group for your Space by choosing New Sharing Group, searching the Space name and adding all participants.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license