Use the Content tool to access unit materials, complete required activities, and monitor your completion progress on topics contained within each module.
The Content tool has four main areas:
- Unit Overview : An overview of the unit and information about unit expectations.
- Bookmarks : Lists the topics you bookmark. Click the Add Bookmark icon while viewing a topic to add it to your bookmarks list. The number beside the Bookmarks link indicates how many bookmarks you added within the unit.
- Upcoming Events : Lists unit material due dates, start dates, end dates, and other unit events for the next seven days. Dates listed on this page are not exclusive to Content topics; upcoming events include all events within the unit from the Calendar tool. The number beside the Upcoming Events link indicates how many upcoming events you have.
- Table of Contents : Browse unit materials and assignments here. The number beside a module listed in the Table of Contents indicates how many topics within the module you need to complete. The number decreases as you work through unit materials.
The Content tool enables instructors to post and organise unit content so that information about unit expectations, unit syllabus, lecture notes, and important dates display to users clearly.
Unit materials you post in Content can include documents, images, media files, URL links, and activities (e.g. discussions, quizzes, surveys, self assessments, and dropbox folders). You can add release conditions, grade items, and learning objectives to topics to ensure users navigate through unit materials while fulfilling specific unit requirements and learning expectations.
You can also monitor class and user progress as students work through unit content. Completion tracking allows instructors to determine how content topics are set as "complete" (set automatically by the system or manually by the student). You can track these results on a student-by-student and class basis by viewing user progress and class progress in the User Progress tool. See Viewing class progress and user progress in Content for more information.
Access the Content tool
Do one of the following:
- Click Content on the navbar.
- Click View Content widget from HomePage.
- Click Space Admin on the navbar, click Content from the Site Resources section on the Space Administration page.
For more information click the Help Topics tab
Content Help Topics
- Introducing Content
- Submitting feedback using the Content tool
- Downloading content
- Understanding the organisation of Content
- Creating content modules and topics
- Managing content modules and topics
- Creating and arranging your unit content using drag and drop
- Using completion tracking and viewing class and user progress
- Content display settings
- Using SCORM in Content
- Course content feedback and statistics
- How-To Guide: Sharing Content
- How-To Guide: Copying Content Between Courses
Copyright Help Topics
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license