Viewing and Linking to a Recording
There are several ways you can link media within VU Collaborate. This guide will cover the ways you can add ReVU recordings. There are options for linking to a whole group list of recordings, or just an individual one.
This guide will cover:
- Automatically add/link to a course group of ReVU recordings
- Link to a course group of recordings within your Content area
- Link to an individual recording within your Content area
Note: In order to link to ReVU recordings, you will first need to ensure that you have booked your recordings using the ReVU Booking Form option in VU Collaborate, the whole unit/course group of recordings should then be available automatically within your VU Collaborate space, under the menu Communication > ReVU Digital Recordings
Link to recordings within the VU Collaborate Content area
You can also add the whole list of recordings or an individual recording within your Content area if you want students to access them that way. We recommend adding links to recordings within the Module Content in order to place the recordings in context with readings, lecture materials, or other activities. It also allows students to access all course resources in the one place.
Link to a course group of recordings
- Go to a Content Module within your space, then select the Add Activities content button
and then choose the External Learning Tool option to select the ReVU media content:
Link to an individual recording
To link to an individual recording, locate the recording link either in the Staff Tool, or via the email you received when the recording became available in ReVU. Use one of the following options:
Within VU Collaborate, go to the Staff Tool from within your space.
Copy the link from the Email
- Locate the email with the recording link:
Add the video link to the course content
- Navigate to the VU Collaborate space you wish to add the link to, and navigate to Content
- In the Content area, choose where you wish to add the link. Select an existing module or create a new one as relevant.
- Choose New > New Link
- Add a title for the link and paste the URL you copied earlier
- Click Create. Note: You can choose to select Open in New Window, however this is optional
- Once you have created the link, students will be able to view and interact with the recording from within the context of the content
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license