Introducing Virtual Classroom
The VU Collaborate Virtual Classroom tool is used to hold online classes, webinars and meetings. It often includes tools for text and audio chat, a shared interactive whiteboard, sharing of files and the ability to record all interactions for future playback.
You can use Virtual Classroom tool to:
- Live Video sessions - Using a webcam and microphone, you can hold live lectures with participants allowing them to see and hear you in real-time.
- Whiteboard - The Virtual Whiteboard allows you to draw and type directly on a shared whiteboard as well as add clipart, screencaptures and file uploads.
- Desktop and Application Screen Sharing - Desktop Screen Sharing allows you to display everything visible on your computer screen to your participants, while Application Sharing allows you to restrict visibility to a specified program.
- Breakout Rooms - Use Breakout Rooms to allow participants to engage in smaller group chat sessions, while retaining the ability to return.
- Polling - Ask live questions and have participants select an answer to help improve engagement in the session.
- Session Recording & Archive - Record your live session for later access by you and your participants. The recording will show up in your space within an hour of the session closure.
Finding Virtual Classroom
Virtual Classroom Properties
- Rooms tab - you can create New Room and shows all the previously created virtual classroom sessions
- Accounts tab - shows account settings
- New Room - create a new virtual classroom
- List all the previously created virtual classrooms information
New Room Properties
- Title of the session
- Descriptions of the session for participants
- Room Visibility - Options to invite attendees;Restricted Room or Public Room
- Assign Start Date/End Date and Time for the availability of the session
New Room properties (cont.)
- Advanced Properties for participants
- Email Notification to notify users about the sessions
- Add attendees if you would like to invite external people by entering external email address
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license