Introducing VU Collaborate News
The VU Collaborate News tool allows you to stay in contact with your students and your organisation. Using the News tool to create announcements you can: embed media, YouTube, insert text, as well as links and images. You can also attach release conditions so that the news item is only made available:
- To a certain group or individual
- After a certain date
- After an activity has been completed e.g. an assignment submitted, a discussion post is made or certain content is read
VU Collaborate Homepage News
When you login to the VU Collaborate homepage you will see announcements from the University, plus any news items you have posted in your Spaces.
- Click here to go to the News tool to manage news items
- Click here to hide a news item from your view
Note: Even if you hide a news item, it can be restored to view at any time if you go to the News tool.
When you navigate into one of your Spaces you will see news you have created for that Space specifically, (see over). The News tool can also be accessed from the Communication menu in the navbar.
Space Homepage News
- As an Instructor in your Space, you can add news items and reorder them
Note: The News tool can also be accessed from the Communication menu in the navbar.
- Add a New news item
- Select any items to Delete
- Dropdown menu actions to Restore a dismissed item, or Delete it
- Start Date and End Date you have set for this item and the status of this item (Published or Draft)
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license