Using email folders
Folders help you manage your messages by organising them into groups. Your folders are listed in the Folder drop-down list and in the Folder List pane to the left of the Message List if the pane is set to display. You have the following folders by default:
- Sent Mail
You can add folders to this list as needed.
- Access email folders
- Access the folder management area
- Move a message to a folder
- Add a folder
- Edit a folder
- Reorder the folder list
- Delete a folder
In the Inbox, click the folder’s name in the Folder List pane or select the folder from the Folder drop-down list.
In the Inbox, click Folder Management.
- Select the check box next to the message or messages you want to move.
- In the Move To drop-down list, select the folder you want to put the messages in.
- On the Folder Management page, click New Folder.
- Type a name for the folder in the Folder Name field.
- Assign the folder a Parent Folder, if applicable. Choosing a parent folder means that the folder you add nests within the parent folder. Choose "None" if you do not want the folder to have a parent. You can nest folders as deep as you want.
- Click Save.
The amount of information you can edit depends on the type of folder you are editing. While you can change the name, the parent folder, and delete folders you have created, you can only change the name of system-created folders. You cannot delete system-created folders (Trash, Draft, Inbox, Address Book), nor can you change their parent folder.
- On the Folder Management page, click Edit from the context menu of the folder you want to edit.
- Update the folder.
- Click Save.
- On the Folder Management page, click Reorderfrom the context menu of the folder you want to reorder.
- Select the folders you want to move.
- Click Up or Down to move the folders through the order.
- Once you have the folders ordered the way you want, click Save.
Note The Reorder Folders page only lists folders that are organised at the same level (i.e. they are either top-level folders or share a parent folder). To change the nesting structure of folders at different levels (i.e. remove or add a parent association) you must edit the Parent Folder field on the Edit Folder page.
Click Delete from the context menu next to the folder you want to delete. You cannot delete system-created folders.