Creating a Chat Room
VU Collaborate Chat Room gives you and your students a ‘real time’ room to have a text based discussion. You can use the Chat Room tool to connect with students in your Space or encourage students to connect with each other for a real time discussion.
Step 1: Getting to the Chat Room
The Chat Room is accessed from the Communication menu in the navbar.
Step 2: Setting up a new Chat Room
- Click Title to set up the name and space of the room
- Select either General Chat Room or Personal Chat Room to meet your requirements
- Complete the Description as required
- Click Create to set up your Chat Room
Tip: You could use this space to upload relevant content to meet the purpose of the Chat Room
Step 4: Taking Part in the Chat Room
- You can now see currently available online participants in the Chat Room
- You are able to send messages in the Chat Room by entering text in the box as illustrated
- Once your message is finalised click Send to submit to the the Chat Room
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license