The Calendar tool allows you to create, view and organise events for your course. This is where you can set up and manage due dates for assessments and all the other activities within the course.
You can use the Calendar tool to:
- Create events and set due dates for class, assessments or activities
- View course events in multiple views
- Integrate your Calendar with course events (e.g. Assignments, Checklists, Discussions, Quizzes)
- Synchronize the Calendar tool to your personal calendars (e.g. Outlook and Google Calendar, iPhone, Android and Blackberry)
To access the Calendar tool, click on the Tools menu in the navbar.
- Calendar View –view your calendar by Day, Week or Month
- Calendar Content –create events, set due dates and import events
- Calendar Menu –select your course to display specific course related events
- Mini Calendar – quickly navigate to a specific day, week or month
- Task Pane – create, track and maintain personal tasks
Create Event Features
- Associate your event with content areas from Add Content
- Create a Title of your event
- Write Descriptions of the event
- Add Attendees for the event (everyone or by groups) – you can then set different due dates and times for different groups
- Set a (start and end) day and time for the event
- Add Recurrence if/as appropriate
- Add Restriction (i.e. even visibility by users) if/as appropriate
- Write Location of where the event takes place
- Create or Cancel the event
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license