Managing calendar events
Note : If you belong to a group within your unit, you can manage Calendar events for your group.
Editing calendar events
There are a variety of details you can add to your event from the Create Event page. You can add these details while creating an event for the first time, or when you edit it.
Access editing options
Do one of the following:
- In the day, week, or month view, select the event in the calendar content area, then click Edit.
- In the Agenda view, click the context menu for the event, then click
- In the List view, click on the event name. Click the context menu for the event, then click Edit Event.
Add a Location
Add a custom location
In Location, select Custom from the drop-down list. Enter the location in the text box.
Add a pre-set location to associate a Seating chart
In Location, select a location from the drop-down list.
Note If you don't see a drop-down list, or your location isn't available, your location may be set to Inactive. Contact your administrator to set your location to Active.
Set due dates for a location
If an availability event is not showing in the Calendar, this indicates that you must set its due dates:
- Click Set Due Dates in the calendar content area.
- Browse the modules of your unit and select any module or topic. Click Add.
- In Set Due Dates, enter a Description of the event. Enter a Start or Due Date, or both.
Note You cannot select a module or topic that already has a start date or due date. To edit these events, search for them in the Calendar or in Manage Dates .
Note The availability event displays on the due date unless the object only has a start date - in that case, the event displays on the start date. The full availability range always displays in the event details.
Manage event recurrence and restrictions
Add an event recurrence
Add an event restriction
Add an event presenter
- In the Presenters section, click Add Presenters. Click Manage Presenter Roles to edit and create roles.
- Select the presenter from the list of users.
- Specify the options for each presenter.
Note If you don't see the Presenters section, contact your Administrator to configure the DOME variable that controls whether events can add presenters.
Delete an event
Do one of the following:
- In the Agenda view, click the context menu for the event name and select Delete Event.
- In the Day, Week, and Month view, click the event, and Delete.
- In the List view, click the event. Click the context menu by the event name and select Delete Event.
Note You can only delete events created in the Calendar tool.
Change default event duration
To change the default event duration of one half-hour, do the following:
- Click Settings in the calendar views area.
- Under Default Event Duration, use the drop-down list to make your time selection. Click Save.