Introducing VU Collaborate User Progress
The User Progress tool helps track student advancement in a course by measuring the completion of seven different progress indicators. You can use User Progress to follow your students' overall progress and prepare reports, while students can use User Progress to keep track of all of their course-specific assignments and feedback. You can get a quick overview of all students in the class at once in Class Progress or look in detail at a particular student.
Finding User Progress
User Progress is found as a quicklink on your Space homepage and in the Results menu on the navbar.
- Class Progress provides a quick overview of progress indicators.
- Student names - click here to be linked to student’s individual User Progress (see over page)
- Content - how much of the course content the student has visited
- Objectives – which objectives have been met (if you have set up objectives in your Space)
- Logins – when and how many times the student has logged in
- Grades - what grades a student has been given for their assessments
Individual User Progress
Clicking on a student name takes you to the individual student progress page. This page provides much more detail than the summary information in Class Progress.
The User Progress page includes:
- Options to contact the student via Email or Instant Message
- A summary of the student’s progress across the 9 progress indicators
- Choose one of the 9 indicators for more details on: grades, objectives, engagement with content, involvement in discussions, progress through assessment dropboxes, performance in quizzes, checklists, engagement in surveys and login history
- Details for each progress indicator
- Arrows to move to the next/previous student
- Print option
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license