Uploading Quizzes via Respondus
This guide demonstrates the steps involved in uploading quizzes via Respondus.
Note: Make sure you have new version of Respondus (Version 4.05.04) and change Current Personality option from the Start tab to Desire2Learn before proceeding below steps. You may download Respondus from the VU eLearning Tools Portal.
Opening your Respondus File
- Open Respondus
- Select the file you wish to export. (World History in the example above)
- Click Open
Publish to VU Collaborate
To publish the document to Vu Collaborate, click on Preview & Publish tab and click the Publish Wizard button.
Select the Type of Publish and choose an existing server or add new server.
- Click the drop down menu to select the server.
- To add new server, click add new server and choose Yes
- check for preconfigured server settings and then click Next.
- Enter a name of the server "VU Collaborate" and enter your login information "Username" = e number and Password (check the box to remember username and password)
- click Next.
- At the screen pop up of Server Authentification : VU Collaborate, click Continue
- click Next at the Preconfigured Server Settings
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.
- Make sure that the field named Desire2Learn Server is set to VU Collaborate on the Publish Wizard and click Next.
- Click on Next to connect to VU Collaborate server.
Publish Wizard continued
Choose Course to Publishto (select from the drop down menu and select VU Collaborate space).
We recommend that you select Question Library Section and Create new section as the assessment type. This will create your quiz questions within the question library, enabling you to edit your quizzes within VU Collaborate without the need to re-export from Respondus.
Note: If you export to the question library you will need to recreate your quiz from the collection within the question library.
If your questions have been uploaded successfully a notification message will be displayed. Click Finish to complete the publish process.
Your Exported Quiz
The exported quiz will be shown in your VU Collaborate space within a folder with the same name.
From here you may create a new quiz within VU Collaborate using the questions within the Question Library.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license