Creating Likert questions
Seven measurement scales available to Likert questions include:
You can only access Likert questions through the Surveys tool and the Question Library. Similar to self assessments, all question types you import into surveys will automatically omit points value and difficulty level indicators. All question types available in the Quizzes tool are also available in the Surveys tool.
Create a Likert question
- Enter a Title.
- Enter your question's response instructions in the Introductory Text field.
Example "Respond to the following three statements using a scale of Disagree to Agree. Select "N/A" if the statement is not applicable to you."
- You can click Add a File to upload an image to accompany your question. You can enter a description of the image in the Description field.
- Select a measurement Scale.
- Select Include an N/A option to include a "Not Applicable" response option in your scale.
- Enter a statement in each Value field. You can click Add Option and select the number of additional statements you want to include in your LIK question.
- To delete a statement, click the corresponding Remove Entry icon.
- Provide comments and suggestions in the Question Feedback field.
- Click Preview to view your question.
- Click Save to return to the main page, click Save and Copy to save and create another LIK question that retains the copied properties, or click Save and New to continue creating new LIK questions.