Introducing VU Collaborate Grades
The VU Collaborate Grades tool is where you can create, manage and grade assessment items. These are called Grade Items and can include assignments, tests, discussion posts as well as assessments that happen outside VU Collaborate, such as workplace observations and oral presentations. A grade book is a list of these items. Together, the items in the grade book represent all the work that is evaluated in a unit. With this tool:
- Grades can be automatically calculated according to the grading system you have chosen
- Grades can be exported to .xls and .csv files
- You can use different grade schemes to suit your teaching area
- You can provide feedback for your students
|Grade Item||Grade items represent the individual assignments, quizzes and performance measurements that you want to grade students on.|
|Grade Category||Use grade categories to organise and group related grade items into sections. For example, you could have separate categories for Assignments and Discussions.|
|Grade Book||A grade book is a list of items on which you evaluate students’ performance.|
|Grade Scheme||A grade scheme is a way of organising grade items into levels of achievement. A grade scheme could be numeric values, letter values (A,B,C), or text description. You can create your own grade schemes or use schemes set up by your organisation.|
Tip: As a matter of good practice, it is suggested that you create your grade book before you create any unit activities that you wish to link to it. Although you can adjust your grade book later, making changes to how the grade book is structured or calculated after users’ grades have been entered can significantly change your data.
Access the Grades tool from the View Grades quicklink on your Space homepage or from the Results menu in the navbar.
- Enter My Grades - to enter, import, and export grades for your students
- Manage My Grades - to create new items/categories, delete or edit items/categories
- Schemes - to create new grade schemes, change default schemes, copy or import other schemes
- Setup Wizard - takes you through a list of setup options to determine how your grade items will be categorised, marked, weighted, viewed and more
Tip: It is recommended that you use the Setup Wizard when you first set up your grade book to ensure your grading system is accurate and easy to use.
- Option to view by User or Group
- Search For – enables you to search by first name, last name, grade item or flagged item
- Grade Categories
- Grade Items in each Category
- Settings – to alter the display, or your grading system
- View Grades - to view grades previously entered
- Lists students from the Classlist
- Final Calculated Grade – the grade calculated by the Grades tool
- Final Adjusted Grade – allows you to manually override the Final Calculated Grade
- Email selected students
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license