Using Turnitin’s Grademark
By using Turnitin’s Grademark to provide feedback on student assignments, you can eliminate downloading and uploading (as well as printing and scanning) from your assignment marking workflow. The following steps cover both leaving overall feedback and assigning a mark within Grademark.
Accessing the Assessment Dropbox
- From the navbar navigate to Assessments > Assessments Dropbox this will take you to your dropbox folders page.
- Click on the name of the assignment folder you wish to mark.
- Click on the assignment you wish to grade, this will open a folder containing all of the current submissions.
Once the Turnitin Originality Report has been generated; the percentage will be displayed within the Report column.
Note: If you have not specified an End Date for your assignment, a Turnitin report will not be generated and the icon will appear with the text in progress. In this situation edit your restrictions by specifying an End Date, this will allow Turnitin to generate the originality report.
Click on Evaluate Submission
Click on the Originality Report color box to access Turnitin information in a new tab window in your browser.
Toggling between Quickmarks and General Comments
Clicking on the Quickmark/Comment and General Comment icons will toggle between commonly used and general comments.
To leave text feedback:
- Type your feedback into the Text Comment area.
- Click on the Save button.
The Quickmarks/Comments tab allows you to "drag and drop" commonly used comments directly onto the text.
Assigning a Mark
- Click on the double dash next to the originality percentage.
- Type in the mark for the assignment and click Save at the bottom of the page.
Passing Turnitin grades to VU Collaborate Gradebook
- Return to the VU Collaborate Leave Feedback page and refresh.
- Click on Use this score to pass the score to VU Collaborate Gradebook.
The mark will now appear in the Score box.
Blocking students from viewing comments and mark until release
Note: Please ensure to untick Allow submitters to see Originality Reports BEFORE you start making comments and marking the assignments. Originality Reports gives students access to Turnitin and see comments and marks even before the GradeMark Available date.
To block students from seeing comments and marks:
- Edit the Dropbox folder and untick Allow submitters to see Originality Reports. This will restrict student access to Turnitin, hence making your feedback and marks unavailable untill you see fit.
- When you are ready to publish assignments and marks, this box will need to be ticked.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license