Managing Assessment Dropbox Submissions
- Restrict the number of files allowed per submission
- Change how subsequent file submissions are handled
- Download (retrieve) files
- Bulk publish feedback
- Email users from a dropbox folder
- Email users who have not submitted to a dropbox folder
- Mark submissions as read or unread
- Flag dropbox submissions
- On the New Folder or Edit Folder page, go to the Submission Options section in the Properties tab to select one of the following Files allowed per submission options:
- One file per submission
- Click Save.
- On the New Folder or Edit Folder page, go to the Submission Options section in the Properties tab to select one of the following Submissions options:
- Keep all submissions
- Overwrite submissions
- Only one submission allowed
- Click Save.
- On the Folder Submissions page, do one of the following:
- On the Users tab, select the check box beside the users or groups with dropbox folders you want to download.
- On the Files tab, select the check box beside the files you want to download.
- Click Download.
- Click the name of the zip file created.
- Use your browser’s save dialog to save the files to your computer.
Files are renamed to include the user or group name and submission time when you download them.
Downloading submissions changes their status to "Read".
- In the Users tab on the Folder Submissions page, select the check box beside the users you want to send feedback to.
Note: If you select users who already received published feedback, bulk publishing will update their feedback to the latest feedback.
- Click Publish feedback for selected users.
Note: You cannot revert bulk publishing, but you can retract feedback for users individually on the Evaluate Submission page. See Retract published feedback for more information.
- On the Assessment Dropbox Folders page, click on the folder that contains users you want to email.
- On the Folder Submissions page, select the check box beside each user or group you want to email and click Email selected users/groups.
- Enter your message in the Compose New Message pop-up.
- Click Send.
- On the Assessment Dropbox Folders page, click on the folder that contains users who have no submissions.
- On the Folder Submissions page, click Email Users Without Submissions or click Email Groups Without Submissions.
- Enter your message in the Compose New Message pop-up. The email addresses of the selected users populate automatically in the To field of the message.
- Click Send.
Note: If any member of a group submits work to a group dropbox folder, no one in that group receives an email when Email Groups Without Submissions is selected.
On the Folder Submissions page, do one of the following:
- Click the Read or Unread icon beside the file you want to mark.
- Select the check box beside the files you want to mark as read or unread, and click Display Read or Display Unread.
Note: When you open or download a file, the Dropbox tool marks it as "Read".
On the Folder Submissions page, click the Flagged or Unflagged icon beside an item's name.
Note: You can use the Files tab to search for flagged submissions.