Creating an Attendance List
The Attendance tool within VU Collaborate allows teaching staff to monitor attendance in teaching sessions and set required limits on attendance. Students may also view their own individual attendance register so as to monitor their own attendance.
- Login to your space and go to the Attendance page in the Space Admin section in the navbar
- On the main Attendance page, click New Register
- Enter a Name for your register, such as Class attendance 2014
- If desired, write a description for your Attendance Scheme
- Choose an attendance scheme from the Attendance Scheme drop-down list. The default is System Scheme, however you can create more complex schemes to accommodate a wide range of attendance options such as late or authorised absent.
- If the class has a compulsory or desired attendance limit for the subject enter a percentage in the Cause for Concern field. This is the measurement of how many sessions a student has to attend to complete the subject; say 80% or 8 out of 10 sessions. A warning will appear against student’s name if they are not attending regularly, which is viewable by staff.
Contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777 or via self-service for further technical support.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license