Attention all ex WebCT users -
At the end of 2014, WebCT will be decommissioned and you will no longer be able to access content stored in that system. In order to prepare for the cut-off date you need to consider carefully whether to backup/export/migrate any content you may have. This needs to be done before 22nd December 2014. It will not be possible to retrieve the content after this date.
Should I export or migrate?
If you have an entire unit’s worth of re-usable materials on WebCT, such as quizzes, then migrating will be the easiest option. However, if you only have a few files, such as Word documents, PDF’s and PowerPoints, then it will be much easier to download or export them yourself. You can then upload the files directly into VU Collaborate when required.
For more support and answers to common queries on WebCT migration, refer to our FAQs.
How do I request to migrate?
- Go to the VU Collaborate Help site.
- Login using the “Staff Login” button on the top right hand corner of the page - use your normal login credentials.
- Go to Home > WebCT Migration (or use the following direct link: https://blendedlearning.vu.edu.au/home/webct-migration.html).
- Make sure you understand what content is migrated - read the information about migration on the above page, and on the WebCT Migration Considerations page, before proceeding.
- Fill in the WebCT Shell Migration Request form for EACH WebCT shell you wish to migrate:
- Search for the unit code/name within the “Search for a shell” area just above the listings to locate your WebCT shell. If you have more than one shell, refer to the year, teaching period and campus details to select the best/most recent one to migrate content from.
- Check the number and details next to the 'Show enrolment applications' to confirm whether you or another member of your team have not already requested the shell to be migrated.
- Click on the 'Add' button to register your request.
- You will receive an email confirmation with summary details of the WebCT shell you have requested for content migration.
- Repeat process for any additional units/shells you need migrated. Please note: For units where you deliver the same/similar content but split over multiple shells/spaces for different campuses, it’s best to migrate one shell only, in order to get the core content for use. You can then copy the content as needed into your new live Delivery Spaces, after Space Creation.
- When the content has been migrated, you should receive confirmation that this has occurred. You can then log in to VU Collaborate (via MYVU Portal) to access the migrated content – a new VU Collaborate Space with a similar name will be listed in your ‘My Spaces’ list.
If you encounter issues with the Migration request form, please ensure you are logged in to the site first (top right hand corner “Staff Login”) using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari, and try again. For support with migration requests or with exporting content or student data, contact ITS Service Desk on 9919 2777 for further assistance.
The Blended Learning Team